Friday, May 8, 2009

I can write in Indonesian

This is my first real composition in Indonesian. I wrote it today in my Indonesian class. It's a little bit sad that it's a letter of complaint, but I'm very proud that I got all the words right.

Dear Manajer,
Saya kecewa dengan pelayanan Garuda Indonesia. Penerbangan saya (GA 432) ditunda lima jam. Staf Anda tidak dengar waktu saya mau minta. Karena ditunda saya terlambat presentasi penting sekali. Saya mau ganti rugi untuk waktu hilang saya.

Translation:
Dear Manager,
I am disappointed with Garuda Indonesia's service. [Garuda Indonesia is Indonesia's national airline.] My flight was delayed five hours. Your staff didn't listen when I wanted to ask a question. Because of the delay, I was late for a very important presentation. I would like compensation for my lost time.

Tomorrow Ami and I are going to Ancol, which is kind of like Indonesia's Disneyland. I'll let you know what it's like. Expect a picture post soon.

No comments: