Friday, April 30, 2010

It's not you...

Dear blog,

I have neglected you sorely lately. Ever since I got back from Australia, I've had grand plans to put up beautiful pictures of the sights I saw to show the fun I had. But you know what coming back from a trip is like. There's dirty laundry to wash and souvenirs to distribute to friends and then there's work to catch up on.


Ah yes, the work. It seems like a mountain of work was waiting for me when I got back, and I'm still not out from under it. It seems like no matter what I do (waking up early, staying late at school, clearing my weekend schedule), the work doesn't go away or get any better. And frankly, this month has been a long stretch of feeling like I'm not cutting it. I'm behind on grading, and when I get stressed, my apartment goes to pieces, and I forget to buy groceries and decide that popcorn for dinner isn't such a bad idea--again, and then the procrastination starts and then I'm swamped again, feeling like I'm failing my students, feeling disappointed with myself, feeling like I'm just not good at life right now.


I'm hoping that I've turned a corner. I'm hoping that April showers bring May flowers. I'm hoping that the women's retreat I'm going to this weekend will be a time of refreshing, a time of feeling the Savior's love and encouragement, a time of renewal.


I'm hoping.


Warmly,
Laura

1 comment:

Sarahhh said...

May the month bring some great updates from our dear Laura!