Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's been a while since...

...a picture post. So I rooted through some old and new pictures to bring you this. Enjoy.

Here are some photos from when colleague Ami and I went to Ancol, Jakarta's theme park and beach on the north side of the city.


Boats on the beach. I think you can take these boats out to the Thousand Islands north of Jakarta on the Java Sea. Bet you didn't know I was so close to the (not quite) namesake of a favorite salad dressing.

Both times that I've been out with Ami exploring Jakarta, people have asked to take my picture. Actually, it's happened more often than that. Once when I was riding the angkot on my way to the mall, a woman plopped her baby on my lap and snapped a picture with her cell phone. I don't mind that much, but I joke with Ami that I'm going to start charging people for the privilege. I haven't, but the second time it happened at Ancol, I insisted on taking a picture of my own. So here's the photo of the people who took a photo of me.

It's been a while since Ancol, but it was only a couple of weekends ago when Carol and I decided to take an architectural tour of our neighborhood. Here are some of the fun things we found.

Traditional

Modern

Big
Small

Sticks Out

Blends In

Front

Back
And even though it's not in my neighborhood, just because I liked it when Erica and I drove by...

Color!

2 comments:

Ran said...

You know why they took your picture right?! Let's look at the picture again. They thought you were cute!! hello. curly, RED hair. fair skin. American. What else could you want.

Just smile and say cheesy.

Love, Ran

P.S. I went to THE sale and they didn't have any styles I liked. Will you come pick one out for me?! :D I think you'll do a better job.

Danae said...

LOVE the last picture with all the colorful jars!