Thursday, August 13, 2009

One More Lesson in Humility

Today's Tally:
One failure
One success
One I-don't-know-yet

Failure:
Just as I was 75% done with putting in a new jug in my water dispenser, congratulating myself on the drip-free installation and composing a blog post to that effect in my head...disaster. More specifically, my worst water jug disaster by far. On the plus side, my floor got an unintentional mopping. On the minus side, one towel doesn't quite cut it on a five gallon puddle (and I'm having flashbacks to helping friends dry out their flooded basement apartment two years ago). Why did I decide to stick my other one in the laundry ten minutes ago?

Here's hoping for better things with the next one.

Success:
I bought airline tickets to Hong Kong for a friend's wedding in September. I'm thrilled to be going because it feels like a make-up for the other weddings, babies, and milestones that I'm missing among my friends and family back at home. I also get to see a new city, and I have a beautiful dress to wear. The next project is Christmas tickets home.

I-don't-know-yet:
This is totally unrelated, but I'm thinking of buying a guitar and learning to play. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, why not?
Tim Jones

Scott Needham said...

Laura, Haven't you been toying with this idea for years? and didn't you even learn how to play something a couple of years ago? Hope all is well and the floor dries quickly!