Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Clothes make the woman...meet the man who makes the clothes

So I decided to save my last clean t-shirt for the trip back to Jakarta, and naturally I saved my favorite. Well, actually it was more that I didn't want my favorite t-shirt dripping with sweat after a day of sightseeing in Hong Kong. But then...

(A word about my favorite t-shirt: I bought it a couple of weeks ago at a mall in Jakarta. It has a picture of R.A. Kartini, an educated woman of letters of the 19th century and one of Indonesia's early pioneers for independence and woman's rights. It also just looks cool, and it's a way for me to say that I love Indonesia and its history.)

...in the airport in Singapore, a guy came up to me and told me that he's the one who makes the shirts (there's a whole line of Indonesia pride shirts that are similar). I told him that I love the shirt, and he wanted to take a picture, so I gladly obliged.

Cool, huh?

2 comments:

Uncle Robb said...

Hey Niecelette,
Always a kick to read of your adventures. Like your friend said earlier, you make me smile. Awaiting pics of your trip to Hong Kong'
Your favorite Uncle

PS...I love you cool, too!

Ran said...

Roommate,

Seriously, that's a really bad pick-up line. He was totally hitting on you. He probably thought you were cute and wanted your picture. [You are cute and I already have your picture. :) But stay away from strange men in foreign countries, K?]

I heart international phone calls. :)